3 Star Hotel
The Ark Lodge is located in the heart of the Aberdare National Park . The Ark Tree Lodge is 16 Kilometers from the Mweiga airfield and about an hour’s drive from Nyeri Airstrip. The Ark Tree Lodge is two hours away from Nanyuki Town and about 170 Kilometers from Nairobi approximately 3 Hours by road.
The Ark lodge is named after Noah’s Ark, the Ark is designed with numerous balconies and lounges provide superb vantage points for game viewing and bird watching. There is also a ground level dugout for the perfect hideout as you take photo of the game animals. The Ark Lodge is reached via the Aberdare Country Club and is a forty-minute drive.
All rooms at the Ark Lodge have a private bathroom with shower and are contentedly furnished and well stationed to enjoy views of the forest or waterhole. Accommodation at The Ark consists of 60 en-suite rooms.
v 9 triple-bedded state cabin
v 37 twin-bedded state cabins
v 6 single-bedded state cabins
v 8 double-bedded state cabins
v 1 courier (single bedded room, not en-suite)
v Child Policy: Children under the age of 7 are not permitted at The Ark unless on special ‘Children’s Nights’.
ACTIVITIES AT THE ARK LODGE INCLUDES:-
- Visit to the Aberdare National Park
- 4 Game viewing areas with ground level bunker for photographic opportunities
- Game drives
- Ark Lodge Hotel Restaurant
- Gift Shop/ Car parking
- Medical services
- Bureau de change
- Access for disabled persons
- Laundry at Aberdare Country Club
- Lunch boxes from Aberdare Country Club
- Radio and mobile phone contact with the Aberdare Country Club Bar
- 2 non smoking lounges and Sauna