- South Africa
- Congo DRC
Bomas of Kenya Cultural Day Tour Nairobi (Tour Duration: 2 Hours)
visits the Bomas of Kenya which offers you "Kenya in a miniature". It lets you see the wonderful diversity of cultures that make up Kenya.
The term Bomas, meaning "homestead", are displayed on your tour; each represent one of Kenya's major ethnic groups, and is built to the original traditional architecture of an African home as built by the ancestors. A Boma is a homestead and just a few kilometers from Nairobi, we have the Bomas of Kenya.
Here you will experience the rich culture of Kenya’s 42 different ethnic groups as they live on their day-to-day basis. This is clearly demonstrated through traditional dances, music, song, and folklore. There is a splendid arena where acrobatic shows are performed.
The Bomas of Kenya put on displays of traditional dancers and spread over many acres, it also has a wonderful display of mud huts and traditional Kenyan homesteads. The Bomas of Kenya is the ideal place to bring energetic children as they can freely run in and out of the traditional houses & mud huts, climb up ladders and generally have a wonderfully active time.
These traditional houses are set out in clusters according to the region. The homes are grouped with the first wife's hut, second wife's hut, granary etc and you can see where the livestock are kept and the enormous variety between the huts.
Bomas of Kenya was initiated in 1971 after Kenya's independence (1964) and it is run by the Kenyan Government and aims to promote Kenya's rich cultural heritage.
In addition to the main attractions (the dancers and the traditional homesteads), there is also a large, wooden play area for young children, a small, low-key village of craft shops and other attractions. The Centre is set up for conferences and can offer cultural shows for audiences of up to 300 people.
15 to 20 Traditional Dances & Songs Show Time
Monday to Friday: 2.30pm — 4.00pm
Saturday, Sunday & Public Holidays: 3.30pm — 5.15pm
* Bomas of Kenya Nairobi Day Tours depart daily at 1330 Hours from Nairobi Hotels
Bomas of Kenya Day Tour Price includes:
* Price per person
* Visit to Bomas of Kenya
* Professional English speaking guides
* All entry fees, service charge and taxes
* Pickup from your hotel in Nairobi and drop-off to your hotel
Bomas of Kenya Day Tour Does Not include:
* Tips or gratuity, drinks
* Meals, sightseeing not included in the package
* Personal expenses such as telephone calls, drinks etc
* Travelers insurance; laundry, communication charges, visas, international airfares and airport taxes
* Transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)
* Optional activities; video filming fees are charged as a supplemental and are payable directly to Bomas of Kenya
Sunrise Tours and Safaris : Tour Enquiry Form
Please fill in the form below to request for a quote