Speke Bay Lodge is located on the south-eastern shore of Lake Victoria in Tanzania, 15 kilometres from the Serengeti National Park.
Speke Bay is part of Speke Gulf, named after the famous explorer John Hanning Speke, who, in 1858, discovered Lake Victoria to be the source of the Nile.
Thatched with a grass roof in the traditional style of the local tribe, the Sukuma, the lodge looks like a small village, stretched out along the shores of Lake Victoria.
Boat excursions and on mountain bikes are offered: you can fish from the beach for Tilapia, go out in a boat to catch Nile perch, or wander around on the Lodge’s 100 hectares of savannah, looking for birds.
Each of the eight double/twin rooms in bungalow accommodation overlook the shores of Lake Victoria. Each cottage has veranda and additional third beds can be added in bungalows on request. All the rooms are supplied with fans, mosquito nets and spray.
The property also has a bar, veranda, garden terrace and open-air lounge overlooking Lake Victoria. Other available facilities and amenities include:
● Restaurant with continental and Tanzanian cuisine using fresh lake fish and locally grown vegetables
● Gift shop selling regional artwork and handicrafts
● Lake Victoria canoe trips with guided walks in fishing village
● Mountain biking trips on the Masamba hills – the camp has its own bikes
● Guided bird watching excursions by resident camp guide
● lake cruise by motor boat
● Nature walks on the extensive savannah around the Lodge
● Rates are on full board basis in standard rooms and are inclusive of taxes,but net of holiday supplements
● Rates DO NOT include park entrance fees.
– Based on travel within the high season
– Based on one child aged 3 – 12 sharing the specified room with adult/s. Children below the age of 3 are free.
*Please contact us for a quote if the child rates do not meet your travel needs
Reservations that are canceled, reduced in length of stay or reduced in numbers are subject to cancellation and no show fees.
NOTE: Prices and availability are subject to revision without prior notice owing to currency, tax, levy and seasonal fluctuations
Park/Reserve gate opens at 0600am and closes at 0600pm
CHECK IN TIME / CHECK OUT TIME
Check in time at hotels is 1100hrs.
Early check in will be charged at extra night.
Late arrivals should be advised in advance to avoid auto cancellation of the reservation.
In case check in is delayed than the expected arrival date, the delay will be treated as no show.